Thursday, November 15, 2007

Probably, Some Good Advice

I usually take advice from the guidebook and people with a grain of salt. For examle when I arrived in Nepal people told me: ''No matter what you do, DON'T EAT THE STREET FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'' After 5 months, I left Nepal a conneiseur (sp?) of the street food. I ate street food everyday and loved it, also I never got sick from it. Some people in Siem Reap told me: "Phnom Penh is horrible!! You'll get robbed if you ever walk alone!!!" Well, as it turns out PP is one of my favorite places so far, and I have not been robbed ever. Now people tell me: "Oadvice which I think is a good one though, especially in Cambodia and parts of Vietnam, is to stay on well marked pathes and not to wander off to jungle areas. The reason being is landmines. There are many of them in both places (millions), and while it might cut h my god!!! HO CHI MINH!!! HORRID!!! People will slice open your back pack with a razor and steal everything!!!" As you can see, you take these things with a grain of salt.

There is one piece of advice, though, that I think is good to remember and stick to when in Cambodia and parts of Vietnam. This is: don't leave well marked pathes and don't wander off into the jungle. The reason being landmines. Cambodia, especially, is full of them (millions.) Yes, this may cut down on spur of the moment jungle treks and adventures a bit, but I think a cut in crazy adventures is well worth it if you save your arms and legs from being blown off.

No comments: