Saturday, September 29, 2007

Maoist Marches


Nepal is becoming more and more politically charged by the minute. Although I don't follow the politics of the place too much (I tried, but got very lost in it all) I can tell things are starting to really happen around here. There are Maoist marches and Maoist rallies all the time. Such as this one, above. I was getting my visa renewed and was walking back from the Tourist office. The streets were filled to the brim with Maoist, or maybe YCL, protestors! I tried to cross through the madness and almost got caught in a riotous mass of people! It was a bit scary, but I got through it. Even this morning, I was walking to Thamel to do some errands, and tons of buses were driving by with people on the roof chanting things, screaming, and waving the red communist flag around.

No comments: