Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Different Experience

This experience is much different than the one I had in Nepal. In Nepal I was mostly stationed in one place and I was there for a very long time: 5 months. Here I am really experiencing the backpacking scene more. I don't stay in a place for more than 3 or 4 days. I arrive, try to get the feel for the place, try to do some fun things in the place, and then depart. I am packing much more things in each day because I want to see everything but have a much more limited time! There are goods and bads to this type of travel.
Pros:
-It is fun (for me at least) to constantly be on the move. Everything is always new. You are constantly putting yourself in new situations and trying new things.
-Adventures galore! Since I am only in a place for a few days I pack as much stuff as I can in those days! This makes for day after day of adventure! Days of rest are no-nos for me, waste of time! So, I can count on an adventure every waking minute!
-Get to meet lots more of the backpacker types. I have met alot of really cool people who are doing travels all around SE Asia and all around the world.
Cons:
-Every day is so filled with adventures, at times can be overload!! (Which is not necessarily a con.)
-I was in Nepal for soooo long, I really got to know the place very very well. Here, I do not get to know the places so well, since I am trying to see the whole country. I sort of get a general feeling for a place, and then am off to the next place again!

Anyway, there are pros and cons of both types of travel. All in all though, I am having a great time and LOVE Cambodia!

No comments: