Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pokhara Recommendations

Here are my choice picks:

LAXMI GUEST HOUSE: A nice location out of the major tourist area. I had a double room with one big bed and one twin bed. An attached clean bathroom. The rooms are nice, simple, and clean. I had a private balcony with a great view of the lake. Also the room includes a fan which is a plus. The beds have fabulous matresses! After staying at a few guesthouses I have found that many matresses on the beds are equivalent to slabs of marble, same with the pillows. But the matresses and pillows at the Laxmi are nice and soft. There has been a constant sprinkling of tiny ants in my bed, but they don't really bother me.

PUJA BAKERY: This is across from the boat rentals at Ghauri Ghat. It is a small little place run by a stern woman who I am guessing is Puja. A nice view of the lake and the best milk tea in town. A small pot will run you 20 rupees and a cup of milk tea 10 rupees.

No comments: