Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sharing A Room

When I say sharing a room, I don't mean with my new well travelled friends from around the world. I mean with the cockroaches. As the weather warms everyday they start to emerge in heightened numbers. The first few days in Nepal I did not see any, now I say quite a few, including in my rooms. It's quite a shock to get up in the night to go to the bathroom to find a few shiny brown friends scuttering about on the walls. But I've started to adapt to their presence and am not too bothered by them. I know they are harmless these cockroaches are giant, and unnerving because of their size and they spindly antennae and how fast they move. But I suppose I am not better than a cockroach or any bug so I should not complain and should share my room with them happily.

No comments: